Friday 11 May 2012

I am focusing on my own performance:Asafa Powell

Asafa Powell will race Justin Gatlin over 100m in the season's first Diamond League meeting in Qatar.
But Powell claims he is focusing on his own performance as he builds up to London 2012.
"It's not my last shot [at Olympic gold], but I'll be approaching it as if it's my last," said the Jamaican. I'm preparing myself for the bigger event."
Powell disappointed at the previous two Olympics, finishing fifth in the 100m at both Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008.
American Gatlin broke the 100m world record in Doha in 2006, but it was removed from the record books and he was banned for four years after testing positive for testosterone.
Powell, 29, held the world record between June 2005 and May 2008 before it was broken by compatriot Usain Bolt.
"Bolt's always there - he's the man to beat," said Powell. "But in the back of my head out there, I'm trying to focus on myself.
"I'm focused on my own technique and finishing my race healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment