Monday 7 May 2012

Usain Bolt opens year with Kingston win in London 2012

Usain Bolt ran the fastest time of the year in his first 100m race of 2012 at the Jamaica International Invitational.
The 25-year-old ran 9.82 seconds in a Jamaican one-two-three in Kingston, with Michael Frater second in 10.00 and Lerone Clarke third in 10.03.
Yohan Blake, the world 100 champion, clocked the best time of the year in the 200m with 19.91.
"It's a good start, I would say," said Bolt, who beat Blake's 100m season's best of 9.90.
"I feel better than last year, so I'm definitely happy with myself. I don't think my execution was perfect, but I think for my first race it was good."
World and Olympic champion Bolt and team-mate Blake face trials next month for London 2012.
And Bolt, who was disqualified from last year's 100m final at the world championships because of a false start, held his nerve after two false starts by competitors in Kingston.
"A couple of false starts will throw you off, but I stayed focused and went out there and executed as best as possible, so I'm just happy with myself," he said.
A bullish Blake added: "Bolt erased my world lead in the 100 so I thought I would set a world lead in the 200."
Britain's Christine Ohuruogu finished third with 50.93 in the 400m event behind Jamaican Novelene Williams-Mills (49.99) and American Sanya Richards-Ross.
Larry Achike was second in the triple jump, Tiffany Porter finished third in the 100m hurdles, and Andy Turner was fourth in the 110m hurdles.

No comments:

Post a Comment